2021 Coding Essentials for RT/Pulmonary Function
Non-Member: $199.00Your price
Maximize revenue while avoiding risk areas with this unique resource
Facilities are looking to maximize revenue, but, with respiratory therapy services, it's also about avoiding risky practices - because auditors, regulators and payers are paying attention! This unique resource will guide you through charge capture and coding while helping you avoiad noncompliant practices for a full range of respiratory therapy, pulmonary function testing and sleep study services.
Count on our trusted experts to guide you step by step through the intricacies of coding, charging, billing and documentation for this very challenging area of healthcare. Along the way, you'll discover a wealth of dos and don'ts, equipping you to protect your compliance and revenue. We address many potential pitfalls, including unsuficient documnetation, unbundled coding, modifier misuse and the inappropriate coding of services.
Features & Benefits
* Step-by-step through coding, documentation and billing for a full range of respiratory therapy services and pumonary function testing, plus polysomnography and other sleep studies, home sleep testing and penile studies.
* Covers code assignments by both hospital (technical) and physician (professional) entities.
* FAQ section addressing some of the most comonly asked questions and challenges observed by our experts across the country.
* Easy to navigate; each section contains:
- Descriptions and intended uses of services provided.
- Listings of the corresponding CPT/HCPCS and revenue codes, along with explanations of intended code usage.
- Modifier usage, where appropriate.
- Documentation and medical necessity requirements.
- Billing tips.
- Clinical examples.
* Complete and current payment information, including:
- Hospital OPPS rates.
- Procedures with APCs, status indicuators and at-a-glance tables showing CPT/HCPCS codes including in APCs, plus prior year and current payment rates.
- National and local coverage determinations (LCDs/NCDs).
- Advance beneficiary notices (ABNs).
- National Correct Coding Initiative (NCCI) edits.
Item will ship in mid December. ITEM# BKCR2021 (MedLearn)
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.